Like most that are non-profit, Buckner Villas is a faith-based senior living community. The path that leads to senior living is a little different for everyone. While some seniors choose independent living in a senior community to relieve themselves of the burdens of home maintenance and upkeep, others do so because of medical necessity. No matter the reason for choosing a senior living community, a common desire is to be part of a faith-based community with like-minded peers who share their values. Whether your faith has always been a central part of your life or you are just beginning your faith journey, a chaplaincy program provides support, comfort, social opportunities, and the chance to be part of something bigger.
If you are planning for the next phase of life or have questions about becoming part of a faith-based senior living community, reach out to Bucker Villas. Use our online form or call 844.960.5295 to learn about all we have to offer.
What Are Chaplaincy Services?
A chaplain is a professionally certified, theologically educated, and clinically trained minister with pastoral experience who is an integral part of a multidisciplinary treatment team. In organizations including hospitals, prisons, the military, and senior living communities, a chaplain provides guidance on spiritual, religious, emotional, pastoral, ethical, and existential issues.
At Buckner Villas, our chaplaincy program involves much more than worship services. Some of the services provided include:
- Spiritual and emotional support for residents
- End of life care for residents
- Support for staff members
- Faith-based activities to encourage morale
- Funeral services
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bible study groups
- Family support services
Chaplains can provide counsel to people of all different faiths. More than just tending to the ill or those nearing the end of life, chaplains offer support for all residents, families, and staff who may need some companionship or someone to listen to them.
The Many Benefits of a Chaplaincy Program
The transition to a senior living community can be exciting and liberating or, for some, unwanted and stressful. At Buckner Villas, we understand that this life change is different for everyone but emotional for all. One of the most significant benefits of a chaplaincy program is its role in being part of a solid support network.
Other notable benefits include:
- A sense of belonging – The familiarity of a faith-based community provides seniors with the comfort of knowing that other residents share their values and beliefs.
- Opportunities to be involved – Faith-based communities are welcoming and inclusive. A chaplaincy program offers residents numerous opportunities to be involved in worthy causes within the Buckner Villas community and the larger community.
- Family support – Especially in the case of illness or injury that requires assisted living, family members of residents can benefit from the support of chaplaincy programs. Our chaplain provides critical support in coping with the loss of life and funeral arrangements.
- Caregiver support – Senior living community staff have challenging jobs. Tending to ill patients takes an emotional toll, and our chaplain provides emotional and spiritual support to cope with these feelings.
Overall, a chaplaincy program can be the glue that holds a senior living community together. Residents do not have to attend worship services to enjoy the benefits of a chaplaincy program. For many, a chaplain is a trusted and supportive listener who can help answer some of life’s hard questions, work through personal issues, or provide companionship.
Discover All the Benefits of Faith-Based Senior Living in Austin at Buckner Villas
Buckner Villas is the premier choice for seniors living in Austin. We offer a full continuum of care to meet our residents’ wide range of needs, including:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Long-term skilled nursing care
- Respite care
Our full-time staff provides fitness, health, and nutrition programs, and our chaplaincy program offers a variety of faith-based services and support for residents, family members, and staff. Our faith-based community highlights and helps uphold our five core principles of connection, independence, purpose, security, and service. Contact us at 844.960.5295 to learn more.