The concepts of retirement and senior living have changed dramatically over the past several decades. As our life expectancy keeps increasing, so does the retirement age. Still, many Americans continue to work well past the retirement age out of both necessity and desire. Senior living options have morphed from separate retirement villages and nursing homes into senior living communities offering the entire continuum of care. One thing that hasn’t changed for many seniors is the desire to downsize to a more manageable living space.
As the premier choice for senior living in Austin, TX, Buckner Villas offers options to meet you where you are now. Whether you are an active senior looking for a vibrant independent living community or require assisted living at any level, we can tailor our programs to suit your unique needs. Reach out to our team online or by calling 844.960.5295 to learn more about the many benefits of life at Buckner Villas.
What Are the Benefits of Downsizing in Senior Living?
People of all ages have begun downsizing for various reasons, as evidenced by the tiny house movement and the popularity of books and programs about decluttering. Many seniors are eager to downsize and do so readily. Still, for others, it is a complex and emotional decision. Sorting through accumulated belongings can seem like an overwhelming task, and leaving behind a home full of memories can be upsetting.
If you or your senior loved one are on the fence about downsizing to a senior living community, consider the following three significant benefits:
- Maintenance-free living – Maintaining a home takes time, energy, and money. In a senior living community, seasonal maintenance, household repairs, yard work, and more are all taken care of and included in your monthly living expense, freeing up your time for things you enjoy.
- Delicious and nutritious meals – Many seniors neglect their nutritional health by skipping meals or choosing unhealthy fast food or prepared food. Senior living communities take away the burdens of shopping, cooking, and clean-up by offering great-tasting, healthy food in various settings.
- Stress relief – Though it may feel stressful at first, in the long run, downsizing reduces stress significantly by reducing your level of responsibility for maintaining a home, yard, vehicle, and more. Most houses are not built or designed considering aging-in-place or changing accessibility needs. All accommodations in senior living communities work with mobility and accessibility issues.
In addition to these benefits, downsizing allows you to invest more time with the people you love, put more energy into doing the things you love, and spend your money doing something you enjoy. Moving to a senior living community may mean downsizing your living space. However, it also means increasing your access to social activities and amenities that promote your overall well-being.
What to Expect from Retirement Living in Austin, TX
Austin, Texas consistently ranks as one of the nation’s top places to retire, and Buckner Villas is Austin’s premier choice of retirement communities. Our 25-acre Tuscan-style senior living community provides the full continuum of care in a home-like atmosphere with all of the amenities of a five-star resort.
Residents at Buckner Villas lead active, fulfilling lifestyles with the highest level of independence possible. Our person-centered approach means that our highly-skilled, compassionate, and dedicated staff gets to know each of our residents personally to help curate their best lifestyles.
At Buckner Villas, residents can expect a variety of health and wellness programs, group outings, countless activities and clubs, and amenities including, but not limited to:
- Transportation services
- Pet-friendly communities
- Nutritional education and restaurant-quality dining
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Faith services and chaplaincy program
- Overnight missionary trips
- On-site library and educational programs
- On-site barbershop and beauty parlor
In addition to everything Buckner Villas offers, residents also have easy, safe access to everything Austin offers, including dining, sports, shopping, museums, music, theatre, and more.
Reach Out to Buckner Villas for Senior Living Options in Austin, TX
Whether you know you are ready to downsize, or have questions about your options for senior living, reach out to Buckner Villas. Our expert staff has years of experience helping senior adults and their families navigate the transition to a senior living community. Use our secure online form or call 844.960.5295 to discover the benefits of downsizing for retirement.