There’s a common misconception that senior living communities are only for those who need assisted living or long-term care. It is one reason many older adults don’t consider moving to a community until they need care, which can mean missing out on all the benefits independent senior living offers.
Buckner Villas is a faith-based, all-inclusive independent living community located in beautiful Texas hill country, just 10 miles from Austin. The Buckner lifestyle is active and vibrant. Here, residents can enjoy independent living without the headaches of upkeep and maintenance in a home that may have become too big. Learn more about independent living at Buckner Villas today. Call 844.960.5295.
The Benefits of Support in Independent Living
Buckner Villas offers independent senior living to those 62 and over. Depending on your likes and needs, you can choose between one of our 16 private villas and our newly expanded independent senior living apartments. Here, residents enjoy a maintenance-free lifestyle, convenient amenities, and countless life-enriching programs.
The services provided in independent living are designed to make your life, or the life of your loved one, easier and more convenient. Villas and apartments offer wall-to-wall carpeting, blinds, all appliances, walk-in closets, ceiling fans, cable, WiFi, washer and dryer, and all utilities except phone. Benefits of independent senior living include:
- Interior and exterior maintenance and groundskeeping
- Bi-weekly housekeeping
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
- Scheduled weekday transportation
- Carports and underground parking
- Access to 24/7 support
- Wellness and life-enrichment programs
- Access to community and social support
Amenities include Chaplin services, fitness center, barbershop and beauty salon, movie theater, grand ballroom, woodworking shop, library, indoor heated pool, and spa. Our location outside Austin provides access to the best dining, music, theater, shopping, recreation, and more.
Why Choose Independent Senior Living?
You may wonder why you should sell your house and move to independent senior living when healthy and active. The simple answer is that being healthy and active allows you to take advantage of all of the activities available. Many of our residents wish they had made a move sooner. Some of the main reasons are:
- Simplicity and freedom – Not having to deal with the expenses and hassles of home maintenance is a relief. Residents have more time to do what they enjoy and discover and pursue new interests.
- Social connections – The effects of social isolation can have devastating impacts on your mental and physical wellbeing. Independent senior living provides a built-in support network, and social opportunities are a regular part of daily life.
- Staying active – Staying mentally and physically active is vital to wellbeing. Often, seniors living alone do not realize how inactive they have become. Independent senior living provides activities to keep you mentally and physically engaged.
- Access to care – Unfortunately, no one can predict when their health might change, especially later in life. Residents in independent senior living have immediate access to quality care right within their community when an unexpected health problem arises.
At Buckner Villas, independent senior living residents are not limited to activities and opportunities offered here. The greater Austin area provides endless organizations and volunteer groups that many residents join. Additionally, the Buckner Villas community organizes multiple year-round events that benefit local and national organizations, adding to the chance to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Reach Out to Buckner Villas’ Independent Living Program in Austin, TX
The desire for autonomy and independence are universal traits that remain throughout our lifetimes. Many seniors mistakenly believe that independent senior living is only for those whose health is faltering or who otherwise need assistance. Further, they think that choosing independent senior living means losing their autonomy and independence. At Buckner Villas, we know that choosing independent senior living when you are still healthy and active means fully taking advantage of the opportunities it has to offer.
When you are ready to discover the benefits of independent senior living in Austin, Texas, reach out to Buckner Villas. Contact us online or call 844.960.5295 to answer your questions or schedule a tour.