Caregivers, whether professional or family members, do heroic work to support the needs of seniors who are suffering from chronic or disabling conditions while helping them maintain their quality of life and mental health. Still other caregivers provide close attention and look after seniors even if they do not have serious health concerns because of the inherent risks of aging, including falls and forgetfulness. Whatever your situation, no one should be on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. What do you do if you are providing care for a senior spouse or parent and need a break or if your loyal caregiver is going on vacation? Senior respite care provides short-term solutions for primary caregivers who will be temporarily away or unavailable.
To learn about Buckner Villas respite care in Austin, TX, call us at 844.960.5295 or complete our simple online form. We can answer any questions you have about short-term senior care and how it can support you and your family.
What Is Senior Respite Care?
A senior living facility may offer respite care. Some of the circumstances that might require this kind of short-term senior care are:
- If a senior is recovering from a recent hospitalization or health setback – After time in the hospital or a significant health concern, finding professional help in a trusted senior care center can be wise. Often, this time requires constant monitoring from an entire team of dedicated professionals who can provide around-the-clock support to help seniors recover.
- When a caregiver needs a break or is going on a vacation – Even a brief break or vacation can be beneficial for both the caregiver and the senior. Knowing that your loved one is in good hands can give everyone peace of mind.
- To provide an opportunity to have relationships outside the primary caregiver – It can be challenging for seniors and their primary caregivers to develop relationships with other people.
- Being in a home-like environment surrounded by new friends can allow seniors to build meaningful connections.
- As a trial period to help a family decide if a senior living community is right for them – Respite care can provide a taste of the senior living experience and help families determine if it is a good fit.
- To receive specialized care – Some seniors need specialized health care or therapeutic treatments that are not available at home. Respite care facilities may offer these services and provide a way to receive medical attention when needed.
Respite care services are not one-size-fits-all but can be tailored to the family’s needs. For example, short-term care can include a range of care levels, such as assisted living, skilled nursing, or memory care. Regardless of the level of need, a senior respite care facility like the one at Buckner Villas has a range of options.
What You Can Expect in Short-Term Senior Care
While your loved one’s caregiver is away, respite care can give you peace of mind. You will be able to rest easy knowing that your parent or other senior loved one is in good hands with professional and compassionate staff in a secure, homey setting.
The care providers available in respite care will:
- Offer companionship, conversation, and connection, so your loved one does not feel lonely and isolated while you are away
- Mitigate confusion and disorientation by providing routines and being readily accessible
- Help with tasks of daily living such as bathing, dressing, eating, and getting out of bed
- Monitor medications
- Ensure your loved one gets exercise and fresh air as appropriate
- Help with access to activities and social opportunities
The best outcomes for you and your senior loved one are possible with professional respite care. There is no reason your health needs to suffer as you protect the health of another.
Buckner Villas Offers Respite Care in Austin, TX
We understand that the love and care you provide cannot be duplicated and that you have put a great deal of time and thought into how your beloved family member is cared for. Our goal is to provide a seamless transition for that person when you or other care providers need a break.
Located on 25 beautiful acres, Buckner Villas provides premier senior living options in a luxury retirement community. Respite care is a cornerstone of our care provision, and your loved one will be able to enjoy our many amenities, including a spa, library, and movie theater while they are in short-term residence.
Reach out today to learn more about our respite care, professional staff, comforts and conveniences, location, and more. Complete our online form or call us at 844.960.5295. We will answer your questions and invite you for a visit.