Skilled nursing care is the highest level of nursing provided outside of a hospital. Short-term skilled nursing care is often necessary after an illness or injury that is expected to improve and typically lasts a few days or weeks. Long-term skilled nursing care is ideal for seniors who have complex, chronic, or progressive medical conditions that make independent living impossible.
Buckner Villas is a faith-based, non-profit senior living community in Austin, TX, providing the full continuum of care for seniors 62 and older. We understand that there are many challenges to caring for a senior parent who needs assistance with everyday tasks. Here, our dedicated and compassionate staff can provide help with daily tasks, medical needs, and household responsibilities so that you can enjoy time together with your loved one. Call 844.960.5295 to learn more about our long-term skilled nursing program.
Does Your Loved One Need Skilled Nursing Care?
The aging process is different for everyone. While some seniors remain independent throughout life, others experience medical issues that inhibit their ability to live independently. It can be challenging to know when and if a parent or other senior loved one needs a higher level of care.
Consider the following signs that your loved one might benefit from long-term skilled nursing care:
- They have had multiple falls
- They need frequent medical care
- They need transportation assistance
- They have limited mobility
- They struggle to manage daily tasks such as bathing, getting dressed, and eating
- They have a chronic or progressive illness
- They cannot properly manage their medications
At Buckner Villas, seniors can enjoy maintenance-free living, life-enriching experiences, and various amenities and services to promote overall health and well-being.
What Are the Advantages of Skilled Nursing Care?
The main advantage of long-term skilled nursing care is that your loved one has around-the-clock access to scheduled care and immediate access to emergency care.
Other significant advantages include:
- Lowered risk of hospitalization – Medical monitoring, wound care, physical therapy, catheter care, and medication management are all skilled nursing services that help seniors stay out of the hospital.
- Guidance on diet and nutrition – Our nutritional needs change as we age, and proper nutrition is critical for recovery. Dietitians work with residents to ensure their dietary needs are met.
- Social engagement and support – Sudden health changes can take a toll on seniors, and isolation can make things worse. In skilled nursing care, residents receive continual support from staff and are encouraged to participate in social activities with peers.
- Specialized therapy – Physical, occupational, and speech therapy are provided as needed. Residents are also encouraged to be as physically active as their health permits.
- Peace of mind – It is reassuring for residents and their families to know they are somewhere safe and comfortable with constant access to care.
In long-term skilled nursing care at Buckner Villas, the staff does more than just provide medical care. They strive to build relationships with residents and their family members. Treatment is tailored to each resident’s unique needs and circumstances.
Amenities and Services in Long-Term Senior Care
The Campbell Center at Bucker Villas is the premier choice for long-term skilled nursing care in Austin, TX. We have a long history of providing compassionate, person-centered, individualized care in a welcoming, home-like environment.
Campbell Center residents enjoy amenities and services including, but not limited to:
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Private rooms with private bathrooms and showers
- Personal wellness programs
- Pet therapy
- Music therapy
- 24-hour access to care
All rooms have cable TV and Wifi. Residents also have access to community living spaces, community dining, an on-site beauty salon and barbershop, a library, a spa, worship services, social clubs, arts and crafts, and more.
Reach Out to Buckner Villas for Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
Buckner Villas is the premier choice for seniors living in Austin. Our 25-acre Tuscan-style locale provides the best in independent living, assisted living, memory care, long-term skilled nursing care, and respite care all in one community. Our person-centered approach and home-like environment prioritize residents’ needs and dignity. Reach out to our team today to learn more about the benefits of our long-term skilled nursing care program. Use our online form or call 844.960.5295.