After a lifetime of working and caring for others, seniors deserve to enjoy their retirement years. Some seniors choose to remain in their family homes to age in place, which is a good option for those who are healthy, active, and have a strong support network. Still, more and more active seniors are transitioning to assisted living communities for seniors today. The benefits of assisted living can be tremendous.
Bucker Villas offers assisted living in Austin, TX. We offer a complete continuum of care, allowing residents to remain within the same community, even if their healthcare needs change over time. Here, senior assisted living provides any extra support required to allow residents to live their best lives as independently as possible. Call 512.580.9882 to learn more.
Reasons to Move into Assisted Living
Aging is not a science, and it impacts everyone differently. One of the main reasons to move into assisted living while you’re still active and healthy is that moving can be complicated and overwhelming. Other reasons to move into assisted living for seniors include:
- Needing help with ADLs or IADLs – Many seniors can live independently but need some help with activities of daily living (bathing, eating, toileting, transferring, or dressing) or instrumental activities of daily living (cleaning, finances, cooking, transportation, or socialization).
- Safety – Older adults who live alone are vulnerable to falls, medication mishaps, break-ins, and other hazards. Assisted living provides secure entrances, emergency alert systems, safety features like handrails and grab-bars, and 24-hour access to direct care staff.
- A messy home – An untidy living area can create fall risks, fire hazards, or block access to emergency personnel. Many seniors struggle to stay on top of everyday chores like laundry, dishes, dusting, or vacuuming, creating a build-up of clutter that can feel overwhelming.
- Poor hygiene – Many seniors living alone are afraid to shower or bathe because many falls occur in the bathroom. Others may forget to tend to these tasks. Cleanliness is vital to overall health and well-being, so noticing poor hygiene strongly indicates the need for assistance.
Signs of isolation or loneliness, depression, financial mismanagement, declining health, or increased frailty are other reasons to consider a move into assisted living.
5 Benefits of Assisted Living
Buckner Villas provides a complete continuum of care, with senior living services for all stages of life. We help families determine the ideal level of care by meeting seniors where they are now and helping plan for potential future needs. We offer two distinct options for assisted living services: The Meadows and The Grove. Each provides the same level of personal care in a safe, secure environment with access to state-of-the-art amenities and services.
Assisted living is ideal for seniors who wish to maintain their independence but require assistance with some daily tasks. There are many assisted living benefits for seniors, including:
- Improved safety – Assisted living communities offer seniors a secure and safe environment to live and enjoy retirement. Staff monitors and watches out for potential safety risks.
- Enhanced socialization – Assisted living communities have multiple activities, programs, classes, and events to encourage socialization and interaction among residents.
- Better quality of life – Assisted living communities provide personalized care and services designed to enhance the quality of life for seniors while also providing opportunities to remain active and engaged.
- Access to medical care – Assisted living facilities are typically staffed with medical professionals who provide on-site care. This can include essential medical services like administering medications or providing access to medical specialists and other healthcare services.
- Increased flexibility – Assisted living communities offer flexible care plans tailored to meet each resident’s needs. This allows seniors to maintain their independence while still receiving their needed assistance.
At Buckner Villas, we strive to provide our residents with the highest quality of care. Our senior assisted living services are designed to help seniors remain safe and independent while enjoying an improved quality of life.
Call Buckner Villas for Assisted Living for Seniors
Buckner Villas is a nonprofit senior living community offering a complete continuum of care. We are honored to be a premier choice for senior living in Austin, TX. Assisted living is ideal for seniors who wish to maintain an active lifestyle. Contact Bucker Villas at 512.580.9882 to learn more about the many benefits of assisted living for seniors.