After a lifetime of working and caring for others, seniors deserve to enjoy their retirement years. Some seniors choose to remain in their family homes to “age in place,” which is a good option for those who are healthy and active and have a strong support network. Still, today more and more active seniors are choosing to transition to senior living communities that offer a variety of benefits they might not otherwise be able to access.
Bucker Villas is a senior living community in Austin, Texas. We offer a complete continuum of care, allowing residents to remain within the same community, even if their healthcare needs change over time. Here, assisted living for seniors provides any extra support needed to allow residents to live their best lives as independently as possible. Reach out online or call 844.960.5295 to learn more.
Top Reasons to Move into Assisted Living
Aging is not a science, and it impacts everyone differently. One of the main reasons to move into assisted living while you’re still active and healthy is that moving can be complicated and overwhelming.
Sorting through a lifetime of possessions, packing, selling a home, and unpacking into a new home are all stressful. Imagine how much more stressful it becomes when doing it under duress because you or your loved one has become ill or sustained an injury that impacts mobility.
Other top reasons to move into assisted living for seniors include:
- Needing help with ADLs or IADLs – Many seniors can live independently but need some help with activities of daily living (bathing, eating, toileting, transferring, or dressing) or instrumental activities of daily living (cleaning, finances, cooking, transportation, or socialization).
- Safety – Older adults who live alone are vulnerable to falls, medication mishaps, break-ins, and other hazards. Assisted living provides secure entrances, emergency alert systems, safety features like handrails and grab-bars, and 24-hour access to direct care staff.
- A messy home – An untidy living area can create fall risks, fire hazards, or block access to emergency personnel. Many seniors struggle to stay on top of everyday chores like laundry, dishes, dusting, or vacuuming, creating a build-up of clutter that can feel overwhelming.
- Poor hygiene – Many seniors living alone are afraid to shower or bathe because nearly 80% of falls occur in the bathroom. Others may simply forget to tend to these tasks. Cleanliness is vital to overall health and well-being, so noticing poor hygiene is a strong indicator of the need for assistance.
Signs of isolation or loneliness, depression, financial mismanagement, declining health, or increased frailty are other reasons to consider a move into assisted living.
Five Assisted Living Benefits for Seniors
Buckner Villas provides a complete continuum of care, with senior living services for all stages of life. We help families determine the ideal level of care by meeting seniors where they are now and helping plan for potential future needs. We offer two distinct options for assisted living services: The Meadows and The Grove. Each provides the same level of personal care in a safe, secure environment with access to state-of-the-art amenities and services.
Assisted living is ideal for seniors who wish to maintain their independence but require assistance with some daily living tasks. There are many assisted living benefits for seniors, including:
- Preventing isolation and loneliness and increasing opportunities for socialization
- 24/7 access to compassionate and professional care
- Readily available, safe transportation services
- No more yard work or home maintenance
- Access to high-quality nutrition and health & wellness programs
The amenities available in assisted living give seniors access to things they likely would not have at home, such as a spa, indoor heated pool, housekeeping services, recreational programs, educational programs, group outings, chef-prepared meals, laundry services, social hours, and more.
Discover the Benefits of Assisted Living for Seniors at Buckner Villas
Buckner Villas is a faith-based nonprofit senior living community offering a complete continuum of care. Austin, TX is recognized as one of the best places in the country to retire, and Buckner Villas is the premier choice for senior living in Austin.
Assisted living is ideal for seniors who wish to maintain an active lifestyle with access to support in tasks of daily living when needed. Contact Bucker Villas at 844.960.5295 to learn more about the many benefits of assisted living for seniors.